Following are some great tips to help with planning your child's party!
- Check if any of your guests have allergies.
- Send a reminder to your guests a couple of days out from your party. Remind them of the time , location and any other details.
- Put something special on your child so guests can identify them as the birthday boy/girl.
- Before the party starts take some family photos and remember to leave some time before cake for photos too.
- Remember candles, matches, cake knife, plates and napkins for the cake. If you have a cake box, don't throw it out as it is useful for transporting/storing leftovers.
- If you are having an afternoon celebration, you might like to organise some nibbles, drinks, champagne for the parents.
- Be aware of cooler weather in winter months. Bring rugs, blankets if you are having the party in a park in the later afternoon.
- Make a few extra gift bags in case siblings turn up at the party.
- If your party is at home, put toys and other distractions away.
- If your party is at home, it is a good idea to put a balloon out the front of your house to make it stand out.
- Before the party ends take a group photo.
- Have a pen and paper to write down who gave each present to you so you can thank them.
If you are hosting at a park:
- Pick a park with bathrooms and good parking.
- Set up away from play equipment.
- Put up a balloon so your guests can find you.
- Take plastic containers for left over food.
- Take rubbish bags.
- Have a bag for the presents.
- Make sure you have eskies with ice to keep the drinks cool.
- Pack the Sunscreen and Aerogard