The usual party format varies every time but this is a rough outline:
- Guests arrive. We recommend guests arrive half an hour before the entertainer for 1hr and 1.5hr parties. If you book an entertainer for 2 hours, your host will be there the whole party duration so you don’t need to worry about guests arriving early!
- Your entertainer will arrive at the nominated entertainer start time. They will bring music, pass the parcel prizes (we do a lucky dip version of pass the parcel. The children get to pick a prize such as a ring, bracelet, pen, notepad, dinosaur, toy car etc. The prizes are not individually wrapped layers so that the prizes are easy for each child to pick), mat to sit on, facepaint, games and activities.
- The games and dancing with your entertainer will begin as soon as they arrive. Games include musical statues, duck duck goose, limbo, pass the parcel, bubbles!
- Your entertainer will coordinate some brief food and water break in between activities.
- More games, eg bubble catching, musical bops, races (if space allows). Your entertainer will tailor the games to the children’s preferences on the day and work within the space.
- Your entertainer will do the facepainting/glitter for the guests (for example a quick rainbow per child) for 1.5hr and 2hr parties. This is usually towards the end of the party.
- We recommend cake time 30 mins prior to the end. Photo opportunity and cake cutting followed by more games with the entertainer!
- Removing distractions such as jumping castles/trampolines will makes it easier for the children to focus.
- The music, material for games and prizes are all included in the package. If you could please provide the space for the kids to do the games. Ideal space is an area so all children can sit in a circle and move around it.
- Please note, we recommend facepaint in the 1.5hr and 2hr package. However if you have a small group, there is usually enough time in the 1hr package.
A common schedule for a typical entertainment party would be:
- Your entertainer arrives at the nominated start time and the fun begins, there is no setup for the entertainer required
- They will play a fun mix of party games such as musical statues, duck duck goose, parachute, pass the parcel, bubbles and limbo.
- After a few games, they will have a food/snack break
- The entertainer will do more games
- Facepaint will be done towards the end of the party
- 20-30 mins to the end of the party is usually cake time. Cake time is usually 5 or so minutes.
- More dancing and fun before goodbyes and final photos
If you have booked a slime, pamper, pet adoption or other themed parties - timing will vary to accommodate the theme specific activities. Here is a brief outline of how these parties work:
Pamper - The party party is a fun mix of dancing, games and pampering!
- The party will include a foot soak, nail painting and face masks (pamper activities)
- Games and dancing - musical statues, limbo, dancing etc
- Pass the parcel with prizes included for every child
- Makeup/facepaint - the eyeshadow and glitter/pawpaw is always a hit!
The entertainer will bring foot soaks, nail polish, makeup, face masks, robes and everything for the games/fun! You will need to provide access to water for the foot soaks.
Pet adoption - The party will follow a similar routine to the standard party format, plus, each child will receive a special pet kit. They will make a collar, decorate the box with stickers, fill in adoption certificates, perform a health check and fill in adoption information such as their pet’s favourite tricks, where they like to sleep etc.
Slime - The party will follow a similar format to the above. The entertainer will also instruct the children in how to make 3 batches of slime! The slime usually takes about 15 minutes. We ask that you please have a table and cover it in a plastic cloth, ready for the entertainer to run the activity. The children do not need a chair, standing is perfect.
Slime and science - The party will follow a similar format to the above. The entertainer will also instruct the children in how to make 3 batches of slime! The slime usually takes about 15 minutes. The science activities vary but are usually a skittle disolving experiment, coke/mentos fizzer and bicarb volcanoes.
We ask that you please have a table and cover it in a plastic cloth, ready for the entertainer to run the activity. The children do not need a chair, standing is perfect.
Craft party - The party will follow a similar format to the above and the entertainer will also organise craft activities. These vary depending on age / group size but common craft activities would include sunglasses decorating where children add fun gems to the sunglasses. The entertainer would also run another craft activitiy such as beading or water colour painting. The entertainer will bring all the required materials - we just ask you to please provide a table (standing is perfectly fine).
Cupcake decorating - Again this party follows a similar format to the usual party structure, the children will also be guided to decorate 4 cupcake designs. Each child will receive a special cupcake box and all the materials for each design. The entertainer will bring all the required materials - we just ask you to please provide a table (standing is perfectly fine) or seats work well too.