Planning a party for kids can be a lot of fun, but it can also be a bit overwhelming. Here are some tips to help make the process easier and more enjoyable:
- Set a budget: Before you start planning, decide how much you want to spend on the party. This will help you make decisions about everything from the venue, entertainment, decorations and the food.
- Choose a theme: Kids love themes, so pick one that will get them excited. Some popular themes include fairy, unicorn, pet adoption, superheroes. You can even combine themes such as fairies and pirates or unicorns and dinosaurs.
- Decide on a venue: Depending on the size of the party and your budget, you may want to host the party at home, at the the local park or renting a venue is always great too. Make sure the venue is kid-friendly and has enough space for activities. We suggest home as the preferred space, you just need to have enough space for the number of children to sit in a small circle. All the activities work perfectly if there is enough space for that.
- Send out invitations: Send out invitations at least 3-4 weeks in advance to give parents time to RSVP. We provide free customized invitations which you can email/print or text.
- Plan activities or hire an entertainer: Kids have short attention spans, so plan plenty of activities to keep them entertained. Consider hiring a children's entertainer who are trained to engage children in fun activities.
- Prepare the food: Keep it simple and kid-friendly. Finger foods such as sandwiches, fruit, chips, biscuits and a few treats work perfectly. If you want to serve hot food - sausage rolls or pies can be a hit!
- Plan for unexpected situations: Be prepared for accidents, spills, or unexpected situations by having a first-aid kit on hand and a contingency plan in case of inclement weather or other emergencies.
- Take pictures: Don't forget to capture the memories! Take plenty of pictures throughout the party to share with guests and keep as a reminder of the fun. Taking photos at the start of the party is recommended before guests arrive. This ensures you have some special photos before all the fun begins.
Remember, the most important thing is to have fun and create a memorable experience for the kids!